CA HQ Branch
Position: Training Manager (12 months Contract) – Mississauga, ON
Location: 1880 Britannia Road East, Mississauga, ON, L4W1J3
TIP Trailer Services is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. We specialize in trailer leasing, rental, maintenance, and repair, as well as other value-added services, and provide these to transportation and logistics customers across Europe and Canada.
Our assets reach every part of the world. Our people connect industries and economies every day. At TIP Canada we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. If you want to join a growing company and enjoy working with great people, then come grow with us - Apply Now!
We are seeking an experienced Training Consultant to work with us for the next 12 months to help develop a strategic training plan with innovative learning solutions that result in performance-based outcomes and clear results. Specifically, we are looking for someone who understands how to design learning content, maximize variety of software technologies to engage the learner, and provide leadership to managers and staff to reach their potential, all while keeping TIP’s business goals in mind.
The Training consultant is responsible for developing a process to improve, measure, and sustain organizational business results. They will accomplish this by collaborating with business leaders to understand their goals and objectives and determine where training will assist them in achieving their results. This is a 12-month contract role and located in our Mississauga headquarters.
What you will do
- Establish and manage trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Deliver a learning roadmap that meets TIP Canada’s business needs
- Conduct learning needs analysis to identify gaps, KPIs, content, and determine if learning is the right solution to achieve specific business goals
- Participate in project meetings to:
- Understand scope, resourcing requirements
- Socialize / gain commitment and present potential learning strategy
- Ensure learning content and delivery methodology meets business needs
- Collaborate with all teams to provide learning objectives, key audiences, business goals / objectives and measurement targets so you can recommend tactics to meet the learning needs of the organization
- Develop measurement solutions with key stakeholders by:
- Participating in lessons learned meetings and gathering anecdotal feedback
- Gathering metrics / analytics where applicable
- Providing L&D reports on LMS / Facilitation surveys
- Be a learning influencer by bringing best practices to managers and help them to prioritize on the most impactful work
- Present your recommendations and gain agreement from decision makers to move forward.
What you will bring:
- Degree, certification, or designation in Adult Learning an asset
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in learning & development preferably within a transportation environment;
- Strong understanding of learning measurement, metrics, and reporting
- Understanding of modern learning technology, tools, and methods to drive modern, innovative learning
- Strong learning project management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of L&D and adult learning principles, subject matter expertise in conducting needs analysis, and the development of learning strategies
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively to ensure learning strategies support the business objectives and the learner experience
- Ability to build and maintain inclusive, strategic relationships and manage business leadership expectations
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
Why work for TIP Canada?
- Above average pay package
- Excellent benefits included in contract
- Internal and external training opportunities
Thank you for your application to TIP Fleet Services Canada Ltd. All applications will be reviewed carefully by our team. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TIP Fleet Services Canada Ltd. supports diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.